2019 has been a significant year of growth for Divido - from our customer wins and partners to our packed trophy cabinet and ever-expanding global reach.
There are few occasions where a company can put aside the #humblebrag and launch into full-scale and shameless self-indulgence, but with 2020 and the start of a new decade already upon us, we felt it was the perfect time to reflect on some of our key achievements from the previous year and celebrate the momentum.
2019 has given us expansion to a new market, significant investment into our platform and engineering team with 60% growth in the team size, six new partnerships, four award wins, and a rise in recognition from the industry.
New partnerships with industry leaders across retail and banking
From SWIFT to Nordea Finance and BNP Paribas, and BMW to Lastminute.com, we’ve got some big names across banking and retail partnering with us.
In 2019, we grew our network even more:
- Nordea Finance is licensing Divido’s platform to differentiate their product proposition and offer new credit products at the point-of-purchase. Lenders can leverage Divido’s technology under their own brand and immediately rollout the platform across key markets, overcoming the time and money it would cost to develop the same offering in-house. Buy it, don’t build it.
- Divido and Mastercard gave wings to Lastminute.com, launching instant financing options, which lets retailers and businesses offer eligible customers the opportunity to spread the cost of their purchases over a period of time using instalments.
- Splitit and Divido went live with a global partnership that enables Divido to offer Splitit’s monthly instalment payment solution to its customers, bringing greater choice and flexibility to multinational retailers.
- SWIFT collaborated with Divido to define its new ‘Pay Later’ API standard in a key step toward enabling the rapid, wider adoption of point-of-purchase finance. As an integral part of the development, Divido is ideally positioned to help banks with implementation to stay ahead of the competition.
- Triumph Motorcycles revved up its customer journey and delivered point-of-sale finance on after sales products with Divido’s platform across the UK, offering their customers an innovative experience and the power to decide how and when they’d like to pay.
- Brompton Bicycle, one of the largest manufacturers of bicycles, recognised the increasing emphasis and importance placed on e-commerce and partnered with Divido’s multi-lender platform to cater to its broad spectrum of customers and support its international growth plans.
Ever-expanding global footprint with new markets announced every year
Already live in multiple markets, Divido officially said “bonjour” to France in 2019. The consumer finance market is thriving in France and throughout Europe. Some of our biggest clients are based in the region, while others are looking to make the leap into one of the world’s largest economies. Our expansion into France is a symbol of our natural evolution as a company. Our goal has always been to build the world’s most global platform for point-of-purchase finance. Read more about our France expansion here.
Even more recognition and certification from the industry
We recognise that in this industry the most valuable currency is trust. In a world where anyone can start a business, buyers need to be reassured that they only partner with fintechs that can be fully trusted. We’re consistently listed as a top company by players in the industry and compliant with the regulations that matter to our customers.
- Divido’s ISO 27001 certification is proof of its ongoing commitment to information security management and to ensuring security across the delivery of projects, software, and customer service to financial institutions.
- Backed by the UK Government – check out Innovate UK’s case study on Divido and its journey to process more than $1 billion of finance.
- Ranked number one by Juniper Research out of 21 alternative lending vendors. Divido scored highest based on level of agility, presence and innovation, types of loans offered, and the complexity of loan processes performed.
- Included as a top fintech in the UK by Techworld for digital disruption.
- Ranked as one of the Top 100 2019 e-Commerce Trailblazers, as voted by independent judges and the readers of BusinessCloud.
- Member of the Fast Growth Icons European Network – an invitation-only network for well-established, fast-growing businesses.
- Named as one of the top 100 fastest-growing businesses with SyndicateRoom.
A growing collection of trophies and certificates
We know we’re great – but it helps to have it backed up by the industry as well. We have a packed trophy cabinet with recognition in retail, payments, and disruption from over the years, but we’re proud to have added even more in 2019, including:
- Banking Technology Awards – Best Use of IT for Lending
- Financial Innovation Awards 2019 with The London Institute of Banking & Finance – Best Payment Innovation – Transactions
- Payments Awards – Lending Initiative of the Year (2019)
- The Card & Payments Awards – Best Achievement in Retail Payments
Customer finance is showing year-on-year growth across the industry
In addition to our growth as a company, we’ve also seen growth in the customer finance industry in general, with more and more consumers looking for flexible ways to pay across all verticals.
Indicative of the growth trajectory of point-of-sale finance, credit requested with our retail and lender partners has grown by 157% since 2017 – a figure we expect to rise significantly over the next 12 months as ‘buy now, pay later’ becomes even more of a hygiene factor for retailers.
And we’re only just getting started. Of course, none of this would have been possible without our amazing team and their dedication to making Divido the world’s largest white label point-of-sale platform. 2019 was a strong year, but here’s to an even stronger 2020.
Our award-winning fintech platform works for everyone. If you’re an enterprise retailer, lender, or payment intermediary, we’ve got you covered.
If you’re interested in working with Divido, check out our features and get in touch.